Creating something delicious doesn’t have to take too much time or energy. Check out these Amazing Frosted Funfetti Cupcakes! They are so delicious, but also incredibly easy to make!
We’ve all made cupcakes from a box mix. It does the job in a pinch, right? But once you have tried cupcakes from scratch, you probably won’t go back. These Amazing Frosted Funfetti Cupcakes are no exception!
It never fails. Your child claims to want to eat a cupcake. But do they eat the cake? Or is it just a vehicle for frosting (for the record, frosting IS delicious, so who can blame them)? Maybe the problem is you haven’t found the right cupcake recipe, yet. Look no further!
Amazing Frosted Funfetti Cupcakes
Now, I can’t guarantee that your child will scarf down more than just the frosting, but who doesn’t love a delicious cupcake with sprinkles on it AND inside it? It is at least worth a try, right?
If you haven’t made a cake from scratch, don’t be intimidated. Baking a cake is just like baking anything else, just follow the recipe exactly and you’ll be just fine. This recipe doesn’t require any unknown ingredients or difficult steps, I promise.
Variations + Tips for Making Amazing Frosted Funfetti Cupcakes
These cupcakes are not only delicious they are kid (and kid-at-heart) friendly! You can make them festive for any occasion by using different colored sprinkles. You could also use them for a gender reveal party! The possibilities are endless.
- This recipe also includes the buttercream frosting. If you’re going to bake from scratch, you have to make the frosting, too! And you can never go wrong with buttercream.
- The go-to frosting for cakes, buttercream frosting is all about the texture and flavor. The texture is creamy and smooth and with butter, sugar, cream, and your favorite extract, the flavor is sure to be fantastic.
- If you bake at all, you probably have everything you need to make these delicious cupcakes already on-hand. It’s amazing how the same ingredients can be put together in different ways to make completely different desserts!
How to Store Amazing Frosted Funfetti Cupcakes
Unfrosted cupcakes can be placed in an airtight container and left on the counter for up to two days. After that, they should be frosted and consumed. In the case of frosted cupcakes, you should store them in your refrigerator. You’ll have about 4-5 days to eat them before they will start to dry out and not be nearly as tasty.
Creating these cookies just in time for the holidays is all we could ever ask for! Whenever you want a tasty cookie recipe, this is the recipe for you. If you decide to try it, make sure you leave a comment below!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup (224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of your favorite extract flavor and coloring
- 2–4 tbsp water or heavy cream
- Pinch or two salt
1. Prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
3. Add the egg whites to a large mixer bowl and set aside. Set aside the egg yolks for later use.
4. Add the butter, sugar, oil and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and cream together until light in color and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Do not skimp on the creaming time. You should be able to see a visible change in the color and texture of the mixture when it’s ready.
5. Add the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
6. Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until mostly combined.
7. Add half of the milk and mix until well combined. The batter might look a little curdled, but that’s ok.
8. Add another third of the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
9. Add the other half of the milk and mix until well combined.
10. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Do not over mix the batter. Set aside.
11. Grab the egg whites and whip on high speed with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
12. Gently fold about half of the whipped egg whites into the cake batter and gently fold together until mostly combined.
13. Add the remaining egg whites and sprinkles and gently fold together until well combined.
14. Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
15. Remove cupcakes from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
16. To make the frosting, add the butter to a mixer bowl and beat until well combined.
17. Add about half of the powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
18. Add the vanilla extract and 1-2 tablespoons of water or cream and mix until well combined.
19. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
20. Add additional water or cream as needed to get the right consistency frosting. Add salt to taste.
21. Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes.