Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Enjoy buffalo chicken wings and want to know how to prepare them at home? Try this Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe that will impress you and leave you feeling fully satisfied.
Who says you need to order takeout to enjoy the taste of fresh, hot buffalo chicken wings? If you follow this recipe, you can make them right at home and enjoy their crisp taste with each bite. These wings are perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as an appetizer for any event.
Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
If you want delicious chicken wings without frying them in a bunch of oil, these Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are a great choice. You only need a handful of ingredients to prepare these wings before baking them and serving them alone or with a side of sauce and celery sticks.
You can create different flavors for your wings by using other seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and seasoned salt.
The options are endless! Make as many of these Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings as you want or need to have more than enough for yourself and the entire family.
Ingredients Needed to Prepare Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
When making Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings, you will need to have the following ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour. Cover your chicken wings in all-purpose flour to give them a crisp coating.
- Garlic Powder. The garlic powder adds flavor to the chicken wings to make them taste great.
- Cayenne Pepper. Use cayenne pepper to add a kick to your chicken wings.
- Chicken Wings. Take 20 chicken wings from the freeze and let them defrost before preparing them for this recipe.
- Melted Butter. The melted butter adds more flavor to the chicken wings and helps them get as crisp as possible while baking in the oven.
How to Store Your Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings and Save Them For Later
When you have a few extra Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings, put them in a food storage container with a lid. You can place your chicken wings in the fridge and keep them fresh for up to four days.
If you do not plan on eating them within four days, you should put them in the freezer. You can keep your Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings in the freezer for up to two months at a time.
Just make sure to pull your chicken wings out the night before you plan on eating them.
Please share this recipe on your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. We would be honored and ever so grateful, thank you!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 chicken wings
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup hot pepper sauce
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Place the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a resealable plastic baggy, and shake to mix.
- Add the chicken wings, seal, and toss until well coated with the flour mixture. Place the wings onto the foil lined baking sheet, place into the refrigerator. Let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Be sure your butter has melted and whisk the butter and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Dip the wings into the butter mixture, and place back on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside, about 40 - 45 minutes.
- Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.