Nothing Says Spring Better Than Lemon And Blueberries
I hit the jackpot when I found a recipe for lemon and blueberry muffins! These delightful muffins start with a lemon cake mix and are a snap to make! You can have them in the oven in minutes; the ingredients are so simple!
There’s no need to get out the mixer because you can whip them up in one bowl! Begin by whisking together three eggs, a half-cup of milk, one-third cup of oil, and a teaspoon of lemon extract for a little extra zing.
Here’s How To Make Lemon And Blueberry Muffins From A Cake Mix
Empty the cake mix into the milk and egg mixture and stir until everything is combined. Do not over-mix! Overmixing can lead to tough muffins, and who wants that? Gently fold in one cup of fresh blueberries you have washed and patted dry.
Divide the batter into twelve muffin tins with cupcake liners in place. I used an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin tins. I have found it works well and makes the process neater. Even though they are old enough to vote, I still love my old NorPro muffin pans! I’m sure the new ones are even better!
The streusel topping is optional on these lemon and blueberry muffins, but it adds such a professional look and a little more flavor to these yummy muffins. Combine one-third cup of flour and one-third cup of brown sugar in a small bowl and use a fork to stir in two tablespoons of melted butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
Carefully sprinkle about a teaspoon of streusel on each muffin and pop them into a 350-degree oven for about 25 minutes. Watch that the streusel doesn’t get too brown. They are done when a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
I think these gorgeous lemon and blueberry muffins look and taste like spring! The blueberries burst open as the muffins bake and make tasty fruit pockets! These are so tender and delicious that you won’t even need butter. Come to think of it, why not? Butter makes everything better!
We can’t wait for spring and all the fun recipes that come with the bright shiny new season! Here are some of our favorites! Cool Whip Cookies, Strawberry Pretzel Grab And Go Parfaits, Rhubarb Swirl Dessert, Jelly Roll Cake.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- One 15-ounce box of lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- Line muffin tins with twelve cupcake liners.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and lemon extract in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon cake mix to the egg and milk mixture and stir until just mixed, do not overmix!
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Put the cake batter into the muffin cups. I have found an ice cream scoop works well.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, and butter in a small bowl and stir with a fork until it resembles crumbs.
- Put about a teaspoon of streusel on each muffin.
- Bake the blueberry muffins at 350 degrees for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g
More recipes from us:
If you like these recipes, you are our people! You can check some related articles below or search via categories on the right. But be warned; you will be on here for hours. Enjoy!